This is just a little snippet about what we will and will not do regarding financial aid and some of your personal information.
The following Code of Conduct is published in accordance with the statutory requirements of The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008 Section 487 (e) and applies to the officers, employees, and agents of Northpoint Bible College.
- Northpoint Bible College personnel will not enter into a revenue sharing arrangement with any lender.
- Northpoint Bible College personnel and/or their families will not receive “gifts” from any lender, guaranty agency or organization which services educational loans. A “gift” is considered any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, or other item having monetary value of more that $10.
- Northpoint Bible College personnel will not, for any first time borrower, assign, through the award packaging or any other method, the borrower’s loan to a particular lender, neither refuse to certify nor delay the certification of any loan based upon the borrower’s selection of lender.
- Northpoint Bible College personnel will not request or accept staffing assistance from any lender.
- Northpoint Bible College personnel will not accept any fee, payment or other financial benefit from any lender or affiliate as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or contract to provide services to or on behalf of a lender relating to educational loans.
- Northpoint Bible College personnel will not request or accept any offer of funds from any lender to be used for private loans, including funds for an “opportunity pool loan”* to students in exchange for providing concessions or promises to the lender for a specified loan volume, specific number of the Title IV loans made, insured, or guaranteed, or for a preferred lender arrangement.
*Private education loan made by a lender to a student or the student’s family which involves a payment by the college to the lender for extending credit to the student.